Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited is one of India's leading television, media and entertainment companies. It is amongst the largest producers and aggregators of Hindi programming in the world, with an extensive library housing over 1 lac+ hours of television content. With rights to more than 3,000 movie titles from foremost studios and of iconic film stars, ZEE houses the world's largest Hindi film library.
Through its strong presence worldwide, ZEE entertains over 670+ million viewers across 169 countries.
Pioneer of television entertainment industry in India, ZEE's well known brands include Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Zee Premier, Zee Action, Zee Classic, Ten Sports, Ten Cricket, Ten Action+, Zee Cafe, Zee Studio, Zee Trendz, Zee Khana Khazana, Zee Salaam, Zee Jagran, Zing, ETC Music and ETC Punjabi. The company also has a strong offering in the regional language domain with channels such as Zee Marathi, Zee Bangla, Zee Telugu, Zee Kannada and Zee Talkies.
The ZEE stable owns an integrated range of businesses. All of these in singularity adhere to the content-to-consumer value chain model of media and entertainment business. ZEE is a pioneer in every aspect of content aggregation and distribution through traditional media like satellite and cable and new media like the internet, in India.
- The largest producer and aggregator of Hindi programming in the world, with more than 1 lac+ hours of original programming in its archives.
- One of the most popular entertainment brands in India; was ranked 9th most popular brand within a decade of its launch.
- One of the largest Indian programming content distributors with an estimated reach of more than 670+ million viewers in over 169 countries including USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
ZEE has many 'firsts' to its credit
- First listed media company in India.
- First to launch a Hindi General Entertainment Channel in India - Zee TV.
- First to launch a Hindi Cinema Channel in India - Zee Cinema.
- First to corporatise the Hindi film industry with the costliest production and the highest grossing Hindi movie in its time - 'Gadar - Ek Prem Katha'.
- First to launch a 24 hour Hindi News Channel in India - Zee News, now operating as a separate company called Zee News Limited (ZNL).
- First to set up MSO operations at a national level - Siticable, now has transferred its business to a separate company called Wire and Wireless (India) Limited (WWIL).
- First to launch a 24-hour Food Channel in India – Zee Khana Khazana.
- First to launch India's Urdu infotainment channel – Zee Salaam
About Essel Group
Essel Group is among India's most prominent business houses with a diverse portfolio of assets in media, packaging, entertainment, technology-enabled services, infrastructure development and education. The Group started business in 1976 with a commodity trading and export firm, Rama Associates Limited, and has since then metamorphosed into a conglomerate that is a symbol of the ingenuity and power of Indian entrepreneurship, with worldwide operations and a
workforce of nearly 8,000 dedicated employees.